MSR Riflescope™ 4.5-14x42mm
The Burris MSR scope in 4.5-14x is designed to allow accurate distance shooting with a modern sporting rifle.
The reticle is designed to match .223 rounds, and 14 times zoom means even distant targets will be within reach.
Objective Lens Diameter
Clear Objective Lens Diameter
Ocular Lens Diameter
Main Tube Size
Field of View
Elevation Adjustment, Total Capability
Calibrated for .223
22 low – 7.5 high (ft. @ 100 yds.)
3.1 – 3.8 in.
9 low – 3 high (mm)
50 yds. – infinity
- Designed for shooters new to tactical rifles, who are ready for an affordable custom tactical riflescope
- Features the Ballistic Plex™ reticle, the most simple, effective, and elegant trajectory-compensating reticle for hunting
- Ballistic Plex reticle is calibrated for .223 Rem.
- Features parallax adjustment for improved accuracy at long distances
- Long-range accuracy in a simple design that’s easy to use
- Can be matched with any caliber or bullet weight
- Finger-adjustable, low-profile turrets create a sleek profile
- Turret indications always reflect a change in the point of impact, for pinpoint accuracy
- Separate power ring and eyepiece design accepts flip-up lens covers
- High-grade optical glass provides excellent brightness and clarity with lasting durability
- Quality, precision-ground lenses are larger than those of comparable scopes, for better light transmission
- Index-matched, Hi-Lume® multicoating aids in low-light performance and glare elimination, increasing your success rate
- Double internal spring-tension system allows the scope to hold zero through shock, recoil, and vibrations
- Precision-gauged and hand-fitted internal assemblies maintain a consistent point of impact throughout the magnification range, regardless of shock and vibration
- Positive steel-on-steel adjustments ensure repeatable accuracy
- Nitrogen-filled scope tubes prevent internal fogging even in cold and rain
- Durable, stress-free, solid 1-piece outer tube withstands shock and vibrations of even the heaviest-recoiling calibers
- 1-in. body tube
- Guaranteed by the Burris Forever Warranty™
MSR Riflescope™ 4.5-14x42mm is rated out of 5 by 26.
Rated 5 out of 5 by DNIE from Great Performance. Very pleased with this scope so far. I compared this scope side by side along my vx-3, conquest and viper hslr. I liked the view thru my 4.5-14 MSR better than my 4-16 viper, the MSR was every bit as clear and bright in low light and was better in bright sunlight and glare conditions. The view thru the vx-3 and conquest were only minimally better for twice the price. I have this scope mounted on a boyds stocked savage axis 223 with a weaver style 20moa base. Last time I shot I had my ballistic calculator results printed out for the ammo, confirmed that it was still shooting 1" high at 100 yards. I had a 52oz "green goodness" bottle filled with water on a hill at 535 yards from the bench. I moved back 200 yards and set my sandbags on a pile of stacked timbers. I dialed the turrets 2 revolutions/ 24moa for the 69 grain bullet at 735yards and proceeded to nail it the 1st shot. Lots of luck involved I know. Proceeded to shoot more with with other ammo, had it dialed up 29.5 moa for some cheap 55gr tula managed to hit it 1 more time. Dialed it back to to 17 moa, hit a 10" round steel target 6 out of 6 times at 600 yds. I dialed scope back to zero, drove back to the bench,reset up and proceeded to shoot the same 1" high at 100. I was impressed, scope does what I want it to do.
Date published: 2016-01-29
Rated 4 out of 5 by Joshuaham from Not MSR only, Everything I need in a hunting scope I bought this scope for the absolue oposite gun it was designed for, and im glad i did. This is designed for a modern sporting rifle. I needed a scope for A levergun. I find MSRs shoot real flat and can make tight little groups at moderate range. My old cowboy rounds drop off much faster and are harder to shoot at moderate ranges due to the bullet drop. This scope allows you to quickly dial 16 inchs of drop in one turn of the turret. Now its designed for the 223 but my 38-55 if zero at 100 is -6 at 150 and - 13 at 200. Thats hard to estimate in the field but this scope is clearly marked 1-16 on the dial. I think i can adapt it to any leverload for 200 yard hunting. Overall quality is good, image is fine for dawn dusk hunting here in SC we get 1 hour before and after offical sun up/ down and I think the burris is better than anything in this price range. Im shooting heavy recoiling handloads and have no problem with holding or returning to zero. I could give this scope a near perfect recomendation if it were made in 1-5 x 40 or a fixed 3 power. The only other slight is the art department got a little crazy there is a lot of writing all over the scope; Burris , MSR twice and 223 twice. I found i could rub it off with nail polish remover as I wanted a more classic look. The only thing close to this scope in quality size, features and price is the Leupold CDS vx2 and I dont think it can be had for less than twice what I paid for the Burris. As for its design, I think this scope on an MSR with a Dnz freedom mount would be a fantastic light kicking, durrable hunting rig.
Date published: 2015-12-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by elk hunter from GREAT SCOPE this is a great scope extremely clear and easy to use. this is my 3rd Burris scope. great value for the money. would recommend it to anyone
Date published: 2015-05-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by MichaelMc from Great scope Scope has performed as I expected it would. This is my first Burris. I will buy another one for sure.
Date published: 2015-10-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by Shearer from Great product Made great, clean glass...great price, I have been really satisfied with both my Burris scopes
Date published: 2015-02-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by jimd from I LIKE THIS SCOPE Sighted in this morning ,,scope is clear and I could easily see 22 bullet holes,,great scope.
Date published: 2015-08-20
Rated 4 out of 5 by JBzll from Very good glass for the money First Burris Scope for me, just got it mounted on my Bushmaster AR bu haven't sighted it in yet. From what I've noticed so far is quality looks to be excellent.
Date published: 2016-01-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lt Dan from Top Quality .......again This is an addition to my other Burris scopes. True to the high quality that Burris has demonstrated this too is an excellent scope!
Date published: 2015-08-28
Is it possible to get a turret adjustment for the windage just as the elevation cap over cap. It would allow both to function the same. I know most don't use the windage, I do, just as much as elevation.
Unfortunately exposed windage turrets are not available.
Date published: 2018-06-15
On the larger model, AKA the 4.5-14, how would I "slip the zero" on the elevation knob?
Hello! Here are instructions on how to do that: The low profile adjustment knobs on Fullfield E1 riflescopes feature a finger adjustment for both windage and elevation.Once you have successfully zeroed your scope, you can set the zero on your dials with these simple steps: 1.With turret caps removed, grip or push down on knob top firmly to keep knob from turning. 2. Put pen or other small object into the small hole located on the dial, 180º from“0”. 3. Keeping firm grip or pressure on the knob, use the pen to turn the dial back to zero, lining up the number zero with the white indicator dot.Only the numbered dial should move – do not allow the entire knob to move or else you will alter your windage and elevation zero settings.
Date published: 2018-06-01
1. How much drop can MSR 4-14×42 in inches can it go. I am shooting at 200m - 22LR using Remington EPS zeroed at 50m. 2. Can I buy scope directly from Burris. will you ship to the Philippines? planning on XTR II 8-25x50.
Here are the specs for that reticle. https://www.burrisoptics.com/reticles/ballistic-plex To purchase you will need to consult your local dealer.
Date published: 2018-05-25
Are the turrets capped or open?
The turrets are capped. Custom turrets are open.
Date published: 2018-05-12
What is the lowest scope mount you can use to mount this on a flat rail, and still leaving enough clearance for scope caps? For the MSR 4.5-14x42
Date published: 2018-04-04
Is the Ballistic Plex 22LR available in the MSR 4.5-14 x 42 Rifle scope?
It is not.
Date published: 2018-03-14
I have recently purchased a MSR .223 item #200195. I would like to put lens caps on it. can you please tell me a model or size that I could use for ordering caps?
Butler Creek sizes 15 and 11 should fit that scope.
Date published: 2018-03-13
Do the MSR scope turrets have a zero stop ?
They do not. They feature a collar that can be reset to show zero, but not a true zero stop.
Date published: 2018-03-09