EU - Ballistic Laserscope III LaserScope 3-12x44mm
Not everyone needs 16x magnification. The Ballistic Laserscope III in 3-12x variety offers the same features and programming as the model #200116 4-16x version, in a lighter, more compact version.
Starting at 3x magnification will provide a wider field-of-view, making it easier to quickly find your target. Having the 12 times zoom allows quickly zooming in close enough for most hunters in most situations.
There is no remote cable option for the 3-12x version, and this model is NOT compatible with low-velocity rounds such as subsonic and rimfire.
Objective Lens Diameter
Clear Objective Lens Diameter
Ocular Lens Diameter
Main Tube Size
Field of View
Elevation Adjustment, Total Capability
33 – 9 (ft. @ 100 yds.)
3.5 – 4 in.
16 – 4.2 mm
50 yds. – infinity
28.8 oz. including mount/battery
5 brightness settings
- Sleek, ergonomic design
- Features the sophisticated X96 Reticle
- Built-in rangefinder allows you to range your target without carrying additional equipment
- Laser range capability out to 1,200-plus yds. with reflective target, 750-plus yds. with non-reflective target
- Customized trajectory compensation calculates the perfect holdover at your exact distance; program your cartridge’s ballistics information, push a button, and a bright-red, illuminated dot signifies your new aiming point within seconds
- Trajectory compensation works on any power
- Programming cartridge information is easy as setting an alarm clock
- Programming requires drop number at 750 yds. and ballistic coefficient for extreme accuracy at extreme ranges
- Programming works with centerfire rifles only
- Range your target in yards or meters—your choice
- Reticle displays a 10 m.p.h. wind value to indicate wind hold-off for your specific cartridge at the indicated range to target
- Wind Value represents how many dots to hold into the wind for a 10 m.p.h. crosswind; the shooter estimates actual wind speed and uses the Wind Value as a guide to determine the number of dots to hold into the wind
- Integrated inclinometer adjusts for any angle on uphill or downhill shots, for greater accuracy
- Strong, low mounting with its own bases—no rings needed
- Mounts easily on any Weaver or Picatinny base
- High-grade optical glass provides excellent brightness and clarity with lasting durability
- Quality, precision-ground lenses are larger than comparable scopes, for better light transmission
- Index-matched, Hi-Lume® multicoating aids in low-light performance and glare elimination, increasing your success rate
- A double, internal spring-tension system allows the scope to hold zero through shock, recoil, and vibrations
- Positive, steel-on-steel adjustments ensure repeatable accuracy
- Uses 1 CR123A battery that lasts through 5,000 range cycles
- Parallax adjustment from 50 yds. to infinity
- Guaranteed by the Burris Forever Warranty™
1. Can I use rimfire or subsonic ammo?
Yes with item 200119. No with items 200120 and 200116.
Only the latest model Eliminator III will work with rimfire or subsonic ammo. When the scope was redesigned to allow a remote cable, it was also updated with additional memory. This allows a wider range of ammunition including most rimfire, and subsonic such as .22LR, .17HMR, .300BLK and 7.62x39.
Item number 200120 and 200116 are not compatible with rimfire or subsonic, as the rounds drop too quickly and fall outside the software limits.
2. Why am I having problems ranging?
The Eliminator III will NOT range through windows, screens, or camo netting. It needs an unobstructed path for the beam to travel. The Eliminator scope uses an infrared beam to range targets. The beam has to pass through the objective lenses and several other layers inside the scope in order to range a target. It is especially important to keep your objective lens clean. We recommend rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab, or a lens cleaner to ensure the beam has a clear path of travel. DO NOT use any cleaners containing ammonia, as this will strip the protective coatings from your lens.
3. Why do I have trouble longer distances?
The Eliminator III scope will range non-reflective targets to approx. 750 yards, and reflective targets out to approx. 1200 yards. Non-reflective targets include animals, trees, bushes, etc. Reflective would be light colored/reflective metallic objects like targets, glass, automobiles, etc. Black targets and animals are NOT reflective enough at longer distances.
Like all rangefinders, the Eliminator will be affected by weather and ambient. It will be more difficult to range in heavy rain, snow, or fog as they can impede the beam.
4. What if my firearm has a canted rail?
The Eliminator comes with an accessory box, which includes 3 shims that will remove cant from your setup. They are labeled A, B and C.
A=10 MOA B=20 MOA C=30 MOA
5. What size rings do I need?
None. The Eliminator mounts to any picatinny rail using supplied picatinny clamps. These clamps will come with your scope: all you need to provide is the rail.
6. Will I have enough time to take a shot when I range a target?
The Eliminator has a display that will stay active for 90 seconds. Your range will disappear sooner, but your aiming point will remain for 90 seconds.
7. What is the torque spec for the base clamps?
50 inch pounds.